The Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills is designed to give learners the underpinning knowledge, skills and competencies to use counselling skills ethically and safely in a variety of contexts and roles.
Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 2)
Next course – Monday 10th Sept 2018
5.30pm – 9.00pm
A deposit of £75.00 is required to reserve your place.
(Scroll down to pay deposit on-line)
WE ACCEPT PAYPAL, DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
This course will benefit:
- Those starting the first level of training as a professional counsellor.
- Those who want to learn counselling skills in other professional or helping roles.
- Those who want to improve their professional and personal relationships as part of personal development.
- This qualification could lead to employment or increase employability for those whose role is to support others in e.g. health and social care work, teaching and learning, advocacy and mediation, support and project work, other helping roles.
If you are interested in developing both a mindfulness practice and counselling skills get in touch today.
The Level 2 Certificate in counselling studies curriculum is made up of seven learning outcomes.
- Use Counselling skills ethically and safely.
- Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role.
- Work empathically as a helper.
- Focus on the helpee’s needs and concerns.
- Use self-awareness in helping work.
- Use a range of counselling skills to facilitate the helping interaction.
- Use feedback and reflection to enhance counselling skills.
Course Work and External Assessment
Course work includes:
A learning journal (reflections on your learning), one self-review; one essay; review of audio/video recording and notes on your personal development. Tutor feedback on counselling skills practice, contribution to group work and peer feedback.
Near the end of the course candidates will watch a short DVD of a helper using counselling skills (under exam conditions) and then complete a written candidate feedback paper. This will be externally assessed by CPCAB.
The external assessment is like being an observer in a skills practice session.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. Although please consider the following before you apply.
- You must be over 18 years to apply.
- Be able to cope to with the course content.
- Be able to benefit from self-development.
- Be motivated towards developing as a helper.
- Be emotionally stable.
- Have an awareness of difference and diversity.
- Identify reasons for training beyond just personal development.
The course will take place over 24 sessions. There are 3 Sat workshops including a day of mindfulness
The course fee including your CPCAB registration fee is:
There is a £75.00 reservation fee to accompany your application form