The Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills is designed to give learners the underpinning knowledge, skills and competencies to use counselling skills ethically and safely in a variety of contexts and roles.
Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 2)
New courses start
Mon 18th Feb 2019, 5.30 – 9.00 (Eve)
(This is still time to apply for a place on the course).
A deposit of £75.00 is required to reserve your place.
(Scroll down to pay deposit on-line)
WE ACCEPT PAYPAL, DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
‘I really enjoyed Level 2 with Lotus. It has helped me to listen and interact with other people on a deeper and more authentic level. I have also enjoyed learning about myself – which was a pleasant surprise. The teachers are warm, friendly and very helpful. Thank you Lotus for making the training a very pleasant experience’. CH Feb 19
‘What a wonderful course. I have achieved a lot with the brilliant guidance of Alison the course tutor. The skills I have learnt are life lessons. The biggest lesson was learning about myself and I am so much better for it. I love the professionalism and the support I received and I am using the mindfulness regularly. Especially the meditation techniques. Thank you for passing on these wonderful life skills.’ AW Feb19
‘I really enjoyed the Level 2 course, I especially enjoyed the mindfulness aspect of the teachings. We did a lot of self development and skills work/practise. It was lovely to see the group grow together and learn elements of self that weren’t seen previously. I particularly enjoyed the mindfulness days and readings from Budda. I found them really insightful and meaningful.’ KC Feb 19
‘I can highly recommend the Level 2 Counselling Skills course with Lotus Training. I have learnt so much about the skills required to become a counsellor, and I have also learnt a great deal about myself and my behaviours. The mindfulness element of the course has been nourishing for me and it has helped me in all aspects of my life.’ DD Feb 19
This course will benefit:
- Those starting the first level of training as a professional counsellor.
- Those who want to learn counselling skills in other professional or helping roles.
- Those who want to improve their professional and personal relationships as part of personal development.
- This qualification could lead to employment or increase employability for those whose role is to support others in e.g. health and social care work, teaching and learning, advocacy and mediation, support and project work, other helping roles.
If you are interested in developing both a mindfulness practice and counselling skills get in touch today.
The Level 2 Certificate in counselling studies curriculum is made up of seven learning outcomes.
- Use Counselling skills ethically and safely.
- Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role.
- Work empathically as a helper.
- Focus on the helpee’s needs and concerns.
- Use self-awareness in helping work.
- Use a range of counselling skills to facilitate the helping interaction.
- Use feedback and reflection to enhance counselling skills.
Course Work and External Assessment
Course work includes:
A learning journal (reflections on your learning), one self-review; one essay; review of audio/video recording and notes on your personal development. Tutor feedback on counselling skills practice, contribution to group work and peer feedback.
Near the end of the course candidates will watch a short DVD of a helper using counselling skills (under exam conditions) and then complete a written candidate feedback paper. This will be externally assessed by CPCAB.
The external assessment is like being an observer in a skills practice session.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. Although please consider the following before you apply.
- You must be over 18 years to apply.
- Be able to cope to with the course content.
- Be able to benefit from self-development.
- Be motivated towards developing as a helper.
- Be emotionally stable.
- Have an awareness of difference and diversity.
- Identify reasons for training beyond just personal development.
The course will take place over 24 sessions. There are 3 Sat workshops including a day of mindfulness
The course fee including your CPCAB registration fee is:
There is a £75.00 reservation fee to accompany your application form