Certificate in Counselling Studies (Level 3)
WE ACCEPT PAYPAL, DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
About the Course
During the level 3 Certificate in counselling studies, learners are introduced to three core models of counselling theory.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy.
- Person Centred.
This course will enable learners to take the next step in training to become a counsellor. Students will learn more about counselling theories, ethics and mental health. It will prepare learners to work as a professional counsellor in an agency setting.
This course does not lead to employment. It is designed as a pre-practitioner training for professional counselling qualifications but it could also lead to employment in a related field.
The Level 3 Certificate in counselling studies curriculum is made up of seven learning outcomes.
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework fo counselling.
- Understand the counselling relationship.
- Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding.
- Work within a user-centred approach to counselling.
- Use counselling theory to develop self-awareness in counselling practice.
- Understand theories of counselling and mental health.
- Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies.
Course work and External Assessment
Course work includes:
A learning review; one self-review; one practice case presentation; Two Essays; reflective journal on personal development; Tutor feedback on counselling skills practice, contribution to group work and training group supervision.
Near the end of the course candidates will watch a short DVD of a counselling session (under exam conditions) and then complete a written feedback paper. This will be externally assessed by CPCAB.
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
In order to meet the entry requirements, you must have undertaken counselling skills training e.g. CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills or the equivalent of at least 75 Guided Learning hours.
You must be over 19 years of age to apply.
The course will take place over twenty-four sessions. There will be three Sat workshops including a day of mindfulness
(This fee includes the £166 CPCAB registration fee)
A £75.00 reservation to accompany your application form