Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
Now recruiting for January 2020. Sessions will take place over 7 weekends throughout the year. Saturday sessions will run from 9am to 5pm, with an hour for lunch. Sunday sessions will run from 9am to 4pm, with an hour lunch break.
This qualification includes training on how to:
- Work to supervise counsellors in a supportive and effective way
- Work ethically within established and accepted framework
- Use supervisory relationship with skill and empathy
- Work with awareness and diversity
- Model and supervise effective use of theory and research
- Work reflectively and support reflection in supervisees
This course covers seven distinct learning outcomes that contribute to effective supervision. On the course, these principles are not just applied to students and their supervises, but are deeply integrated within every aspect of the training.
- Model and supervise the professional framework
- Model and supervise the skilled use of the relationship
- Model and supervise the use of theory and research on diversity
- Model and supervise a user-centred approach to the work
- Work with self-awareness as an independent practitioner
- Model and supervise theory, research and skills within a coherent framework for independent supervisory practice
- Model and supervise the self-reflective practitioner
The Internal Assessment Process:
To achieve the qualification you must be assessed by your tutor as proficient in all seven learning outcomes.
Course Work Includes:
Two written essays (3000 words); client supervision record; A personal supervision record; A review of a 15-minute transcript of clinical work; tutor feedback on counselling practice sessions; peer feedback on counselling practice sessions; case presentation.
The external assessment for this qualification is a portfolio of your own work, that details the assessment criteria. Your portfolio will be sent to the CPCAB to be assessed independently.
The course dates are as follows:
18th, 19th January; 15th, 16th February
16th, 17th May; 13th, 14th June
19th, 20th September; 17th, 18th October
21st, 22nd November
The cost of the course is £1750.
As £75 application fee is applicable , followed by a £250 deposit upon accepting a place on the course. The remaining amount can be paid in full or in 10 instalments.