The award in effective listening skills is designed for candidates who wish to develop their listening skills for use in a variety of personal and professional contexts.
Level 2 Award in Effective Listening Skills
Starts on Thurs 1st Nov 2018, 10 – 12.30
(This six week course which will run from 1st Nov – 6th Dec 2018)
As listening is such an important part of life this course will be of benefit to anyone wishing to improve their communication skills:
- It will also improve existing work roles.
- Enhance personal relationships.
- Improve collegial relationships within work place teams.
- Enhance helping relationships.
- Promote better community relations
- Support people who have been out of study for a while and want to engage in a short course that will benefit future employment.
- GET IN TOUCH TODAY
- If you are interested in developing effective listening skills as well as learning to be more mindful.
The Seven Learning Outcomes
The Award in effective listening course has seven learning outcomes:
- How to create a safe space for an individual to talk
- Help an individual to talk about their concern.
- Understand the importance of being non-judgemental.
- Listen attentively.
- Understand the importance of self-awareness.
- Manage the listening activity sensitively.
- Use reflection to develop effective listening skills.
Your personal development is a very important part of the course.
Learners will be encouraged to take some time each day to notice how they are feeling.
To pass the course you will be required to complete a portfolio which provides evidence of your learning.
Your portfolio is made up of three parts as follows:-
Part 1. This section is made up of two parts. The first part is a self-review, which has seven questions. Each question relates to one of the seven learning outcomes. The second part of this section is for your journal notes, where you can summarise your thoughts and feelings in relation to your learning.
Part 2 – Trainer Observation
During the course your trainer will observe you practising your skills. Your trainer will complete this part of your portfolio.
Part 3 – Testimony
One of your peers will also observe you practising your skills. They will complete this part of your portfolio.
Candidate Entry Requirements
No previous training or experience is required.
Students will be entitled to one Sat morning of mindfulness (free of charge).
The course fee including your CPCAB registration fee is:
There is a £25.00 reservation fee to accompany your application form
The course will take place over 6 sessions.
Each session last for 2.5 hours.
Book your place on-line (see below)