Certificate in Counselling Studies (Level 3)
About the Course
During the level 3 Certificate in counselling studies, learners are introduced to three core models of counselling theory.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy.
- Person Centred.
This course will enable learners to take the next step in training to become a counsellor. Students will learn more about counselling theories, ethics and mental health. It will prepare learners to work as a professional counsellor in an agency setting.
This course does not lead to employment. It is designed as a pre-practitioner training for professional counselling qualifications but it could also lead to employment in a related field.
The Level 3 Certificate in counselling studies curriculum is made up of seven learning outcomes.
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework fo counselling.
- Understand the counselling relationship.
- Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding.
- Work within a user-centred approach to counselling.
- Use counselling theory to develop self-awareness in counselling practice.
- Understand theories of counselling and mental health.
- Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies.
Course work and External Assessment
Course work includes:
A learning review; one self-review; one practice case presentation; Two Essays; reflective journal on personal development; Tutor feedback on counselling skills practice, contribution to group work and training group supervision.
Near the end of the course candidates will watch a short DVD of a counselling session (under exam conditions) and then complete a written feedback paper. This will be externally assessed by CPCAB.
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
In order to meet the entry requirements, you must have undertaken counselling skills training e.g. CPCAB Level 2 certificate in counselling skills or equivalent of at least 75 Guided Learning hours .
You must be over 19 years of age to apply.
The course will take place over twenty-four sessions. There will be three Sat workshops including a day of mindfulness
Monthly instalment plan available